I’m on my cooked foods goodbye-for-now tour! I am officially starting my Summer Solstice raw food lifestyle. Important word here…”lifestyle”. As you all may recall, I began this blog with my Raw Diet experiemnt over the Spring Solstice. Two weeks of delicious mayhem. I loved to hate it. So much so infact, I’ve stuck with it 80% of the way ever since! So this time, I’ve made myself a few promises:
- I will use the dehydrator!
- I will sprout more grains!
- I will “bake” breads and pastries!
- I will enjoy raw fish ceviche
Now if I can successfully do all those things, I have a suspicious that Raw could become my diet of choice! No promises, to myself or to you, but we’ll see! I’m excited to go into this as an intermediate this time, as opposed to a beginner like last time. But for now, with a couple days left before getting started, you have to try these:
Jinji’s Really Good Salmon Burgers
- 1 BPA-free can of wild pink salmon
- 1 tbsp light lemonaise (veganaise would be fine)
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- squeezes of lemon
- shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup of oats
- 1 egg white ( I think nut milk + chia could work here if you are vegan)
- Salt, Pepper
Cook lightly in coconut oil. YUM!